Job Title: Office Manager
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Junior Administrative and Support Services Staff
AFRIMUHERE was certified as an international NGO in June 2021 and launched in November 2021. AFRIMUHERE’s mandate is the conservation, safeguarding, and promotion of African cultural and natural heritage. Its specific objectives include fighting against the illicit trafficking in African heritage, facilitating the return of looted heritage to Africa, and contributing to heritage development through capacity building and intra-Africa and international exchanges.
The Office Manager will play a critical role in the success of AFRIMUHERE by performing seamless administrative and support functions ensuring the smooth running of the organisation. This role will cover accounting, HR, logistics, and general office management functions including carrying out a number of administrative functions, maintenance of office equipment, and keeping records up to date.
This position requires an experienced multi-skilled manager, who is organised, efficient, and able to perform all key day-to-day routine support services in a to be busy office, with new systems. He/she should be able to work independently while being a good team player.
Excellent IT skills and experience working in HR, general office management, and financial systems are requisite for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Finance Management
- Manage; process and administer receipts, payments, cash, bank, or mobile transactions
- Ensure integrity of all income, expenditure, bank reconciliation, balance sheet control account reconciliations,
- Process payroll and make all remittances; personal and statutory
- Provide the CEO with monthly financial reports
- Maintain and provide information for audit purposes
- Act on improving finance procedures
- Human Resources Management:
- end-to-end recruitment process, from posting jobs and advert and liaising with agencies and candidates to coordination and facilitation of the interview process.
- the onboarding of new candidates, including reference and documentation checks
- issuing offer letters and contracts.
- maintaining all staff records including bio-data, training, and appraisals both on the HR management software and physical files
- assisting off-boarding of employees,
- supporting line managers as necessary on appraisals, disciplinary action, and grievance procedures, ensuring that the correct procedures are followed and records are kept in accordance with AFRIMUHERE guidelines and Kenyan labour laws
- ensuring all HR processes are in place and where possible seek to improve, develop and/or streamline.
- compiling personnel needs and costing for the Project Budgeting process
- representing AFRIMUHERE in relation to labour issues
- Updating of organisational charts.
III. Office and Logistics Management
- Overall responsibility for general administrative, office management, and maintenance support including;
- liaison with the landlord as necessary
- tracking office stocks and ordering new supplies
- upkeep and maintenance of office equipment,
- office cleaning cleanliness
- liaison with external IT support providers to solve problems,
- provision of reception service including resolving or passing on all queries in person, by phone, and by
- assisting with the coordination of events such as staff socials, away days, and Board events.
- the booking of appointments, staff training and/or conferences and associated travel
- Develop and implement new administrative systems including HR and Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Supervise junior personnel and allocate responsibilities to ensure maximum performance
- Undertake other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director
- Qualifications and Experience
- Hold a Degree or Diploma in Office Management/Administration/Business Studies/Human resources/Accounting from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning
- At least three years experience in a similar role; office management, financial accounting, etc
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Familiar with at least one accounting package
- Excellent MS Professional Office skills
- Familiar with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills including verbal, written, and presentational
- Excellent organizational, time management, and leadership skills
- Highly developed teamwork and collaboration skills
- Willingness to work flexibly
Confidentiality: The post holder has a responsibility to maintain confidentiality and ensure the principles of the General Data Protection Regulations.
Information Management/Data Quality: The post holder must ensure that AFRIMUHERE records are documented, secured, stored and disposed of appropriately.
Equal Opportunities: The AFRIMUHERE welcomes all persons without regard to gender, age, ethnicity, nationality, religion, marital or parental status or disability.
Salary is dependent on qualification and experience. Benefits include housing allowance, medical insurance, terminal benefits, annual leave, and relocation allowance.
Your application package (in word or pdf), should include a CV with names, addresses, telephone /e-mail contacts of three referees, and a motivation/cover letter detailing how you meet the qualifications, experience, and skills requirements for the job you are applying for.
Applications by email should reach the Chair of the search committee at email@example.com by the CLOSING DATE of 31st January 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.afrimuhere.org.